What causes delayed periods?
Infection, ovarian cyst or hormonal imbalance
Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy or any hormonal disturbances in the body like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactemia or polycystic ovarian disease.Since your urine pregnancy test is negative, there are no chances of pregnancy.
Pain in the left pelvic area can be due to infection in the genital tract( pelvic inflammatory disease) or due to any cyst in the ovary.
Increased frequency of micturition can be due to the urinary tract infection which is commonly associated with pelvic inflammatory disease, or it can be due to the pressure of the ovarian cyst on the urinary bladder.
Ovarian cysts may also lead to irregular menstrual cycle due to hormonal disturbances.
I would suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated( including hormonal profile, ultrasound) and get the treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What causes delayed periods with spotting
- What is the cause of delayed periods post delivery
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods