What causes delayed periods with negative UPT?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,

I have been taking centchroman for past 2 months twice a week for contraception and my periods were regular,last month i shifted to once a week dosage and i haven't received my period in last 50 days..i did pregnancy test twice in a gap of 2 weeks and it came out to be negative and haven't had an intercourse in a month.I have stopped taking centchroman completely now and plan to start it with twice a week dosage again once i get my periods.can you suggest some medicine so that i get my period asap because i feel bloated and its disturbing me..ALso should i stick to twice a week dosage of centchroman forever?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

you can take tablet deviry 10 mg twice daily for five days.

after you stop it you will get periods in 5-6 days.

and yes you need to stick to your twice a week dose as the new schedule is not working.
Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 12 days later
Its been 7 days since my last dosage of Deviry but still no periods.I took at home pregnancy test again and came out to be negative..I do feel slight cramping at times as i do during periods since last 20 days but have not got them yet.

Kindly suggest what can be done..
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Sorry for the delay.

Are you taking the centchroman also or have you stopped it. When have you stopped it?

Get a blood pregnancy test. Its more accurate than the urine test.

Also get a sonography of pelvis and let me know the report as it can tell the cause of your symptoms.

Dr. Som MD
Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 4 hours later
I have stopped taking centchroman 3 weeks back.My last period was on 15th may and my last intercourse on 29th may.

So i'll get the blood test and sonography of pelvis done?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Yes you should get the tests done as they will confirm whether you are pregnant or not.

Also you should get it as it will tell cause of your symptoms.

Dr. Som