What causes delayed periods when on Ortho Evra patch?

Excellent
Question
Hi doctor how are you? I need your help im 32 years 4 months oldhave been married for a year and 10 months and have been on the ortho evra patch ever since my cycles are usually 28-30 days with an average of 30 days. I took my patch of on july 1st and got my period on july 4th which lasteed for 8 days
Today is 6 days since my period is late
I had a beta hcg done yesteray whoch was negative and was told to repeat it again after a total of 14 days of being late and if thats negative as well ild be started on duphaston
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. You can have a normal conception.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The delay in periods is a normal finding after starting with the birth control patch. If the second test also is negative then pregnancy is ruled out. Taking Duphaston after that will not affect your future pregnancy. The fertility is reversible after you stop using the contraception.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes delayed periods when on Ortho Evra patch? 6 minutes later
The thing is if my second test is negative and i start rh duphaston will i be able to get pregnant without any consequences And from today til i do the repeat beta hcg can i have coffee and how many cups per day? Assuming that i might be pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. Pregnancy is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you can get pregnant normally without any future consequences. Even if you get pregnant this time you can enjoy your daily coffee. You will have to limit your caffeine intake to 200mg a day. This amounts to about two cups of instant coffee or one and a half cups of filtered coffee (for cups of 200ml in size).
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.