What causes delayed menstruation, fever and nausea?
Hormonal imbalance and mental stress are main cause.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Period date may be altered for 1 to 7 days due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress. Some other causes could be change in diet pattern, indigestion problem, weight gain, pelvic or vaginal infection, poly cystic ovary etc.
2) Repeat home pregnancy test or undergo blood test for beta-hCG to clear confusion about pregnancy. If you get NEGATIVE result again, then I can suggest you to take progesterone pill like Norethisterone etc to induce period. These are prescription medications which can be started under guidance of your gynecologist. You will get period within 5-7 days after cessation of medicines.
Paracetamol (for fever) and antacid like Ranitidine may be taken. Kindly, consult with your local doctor for complete prescription.
3) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. You should avoid tea/ coffee & fatty foods.
4) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness and to reduce or control body weight. Avoid mental stress (common cause of late period) completely by regular meditation or yoga. Maintain an overall healthy life style. These will help to regularize monthly cycle.
Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever nausea headache causes
- What causes nausea accompanied by fever
- Can menstruation cause fever
- Diarrhea nausea heartburn fever cause
- What causes a sudden fever
- What causes headache with nausea without fever
- What causes hay fever
- Can fever cause a delay in menstruation
- High fever nausea causes
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea