What causes dark and scaly patches in between buttocks?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question:
I have a dry patch at the top of my butt crack. Looks scaly and brown. Does not itch.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Scaly brown patch, which doesn't itch is most likely to be psoriasis. However, lesions of psoriasis will be multiple and also better diagnosed with direct observation.It is less likely to be fungal infection as they are usually associated with itching. Hence I recommend you to upload the photograph of lesion in affected area, so that I can help you better. thank you.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar