What causes constant shivering, body aches and fever?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Please suggest medicine for treatment of shivering (feeling cold), body ache and getting fever around 100-101 C.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
can be due to Flu, malaria, pneumonia or Urinary infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, welcome to Health care magic,
Fever with shivering can be due to Flu, malaria, pneumonia or Urinary infection.
Do you have severe bodyache?
Do you have burning while passing urine?
Are the chills intermittent and very severe?
Do you have a cough?
Continue with crocin and answer my queries for me to help you better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Do you have severe bodyache? Yes (Mild Bodyache)
Do you have burning while passing urine? No
Are the chills intermittent and very severe? intermittent
Do you have a cough? No

The fever is due to change in weather from cold to warm then back to cold.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
then it sounds like a routine flu.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, then it sounds like a routine flu. As suggested earlier by me, please continue only with crocin 500 three times a day maximum. If it does not subside in 48 hours or builds up--do see a doctor. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng