Can Nimusilide be taken as half a tablet?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Child Health
Question: My son (10yrs,40kg)had high fever since last 4days. Initially had sore throat, fever comes with body ache. No vomiting, nausea, for last two days frequently and magnitude of fever increased. Fever goes up to 102 and comes after every 3hrs. I was scared with high fever so given half tablet of nimusilide. Fever went away but I am worried will it have adverse effect (given just half tablet), un
til this we were giving paracetamol. I am very sure now I am not going to give this.
Platelet count-206000,typhidot-negative,malaria negative
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry, Avoid Nimesulide

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
I won't get worried as this dose will not cause any harm.
I suggest you to avoid nimesulide. You can use ibuprofen or mefenemic acid to bring down the temperature as it is safer than nimesulide with less risk of liver damage.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj