What causes constant pain in lower spine, buttocks and behind legs?

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have constant pain in my lower spine, buttocks, the back of my legs, and back of my knees, my feet hurt, and swell up, I was once a great athlete now I have pain all over, and cannot sleep from the pain. My muscles are always so tight having spasms and non stop tightness, causing headaches and many sleepless nights. The pain in my back is so very bad, I cannot take ibuprofen due to allergies and a hitidal hernia, and I also have GERD it's severe, I spit up and choke at night due to the acid, I have to sleep on many pillows. I have taken 4000 mgs of Tylenol for over 2 yrs now I'm spitting up bile. it's getting so bad, I just want to get drunk, but I quit drinking because my stomach is too raw. please HELP!!!
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need further investigations

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern, but First we have to make a diagnosis.
All these symptoms may be a part of arthritis, I advice you to see a rheumatologist as soon as possible for evaluation.
Meanwhile just check ESR, CRP, ANA and spine Xray to rule out for some obvious problems.
meanwhile you can try etoricoxib 120 mg - might be helpful for you.

Tell me reports, may be I could help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina