What causes constant chronic abdominal pain?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: For the last 5 months I have been having extreme chronic abdominal pain I recently about 4.5 weeks ago had a exploratory laporoscopy done the doctor that had performed the surgery had told my family right after everything looked good... After 1.5 we went back too the surgeons office for a follow up appointment the surgeon had than told me that I was diagnosed with endometriosis... She said that endometriosis is very tricky too identify she said sometimes you go in and see it everywhere sometimes you go in and find it in one or two spots or sometimes you go in and do not find any at all she said even if we do not find any like we did with you does not wan you do not have endometriosis.. I am very confused at all this and she is now keeping me on injections for the endometriosis today was my third dose of my shot and the pain still has not gone completely away.. Can you please help me with this?? Thanks
Answered by Dr. S Patra 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some additional info.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing to us. Let me know few things:

1) Do you have any problem in monthly period cycle?

2) Did your cycle regular ? Any H/O painful period and heavy bleeding?

3) Does pelvic pain start 7 to 10 days before commencement of period or it is constant?

4) Are you sexually active? If yes, any H/O painful sex? Any H/O abnormal vaginal discharge?

5) Do you have any other diagnosed systemic disease? Your current body weight?

6) Do you have laparoscopy report? If yes, kindly upload or attach the same.

I will be looking forward for your earliest response to give proper suggestion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
1:) never been on time and i never used too get them every month

2:) always have had heavy oeriods painful peeriods and fainting durkng my periods

3:) the last 5 minths has bern every day but long before that it was about 5 daus before during and 2 days sgter my period

4;) i was before and yes very painful in my lower stomach and i have been having a little bit of bloody didcharge

5:)no other diseases blood work always comes back normal ultraslounds alwahs came back normal ofher than thickened endometrium mri normal... Curreng weight is 106

6:) i do not have the laporoscopy report but 2.5 years ago i had my appendix taken out and my appendix were on the verge of rupturing when the surgeon did fhe laporoscopy 4 weeks ago she removed alot of scar tissue from the lining of my stomach

Please help me and give me your input i do not know what is wrong with me anymore and i am in chronic pain dveryday on percacet ibprophin 600 and when the pain gets extreme i have too get an injection of moriphine
Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal pill and painkiller should be taken to reduce pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for your updated information. Followings are my comments:

1) According to your information, above clinical features may be associated with endometriosis, scar tissue or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).

2) LUPRON injection is a synthetic gonadotropin-releasing hormone and given to treat endometriosis. It should be taken for 3 months at initial stage.

3) For chronic pelvic pain, oral contraceptive pill or progesterone shot is quite effective. Non Steroid Anti- Inflammatory Drug (like combined Diclofenac and paracetamol) should be added in this case. These will help to regularize your monthly cycle. Kindly, consult with your treating gynecologist for complete prescription.

Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326