What causes cold temperature in right hand?
I would need some info to guide you better
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
In order to help you better , I would like you to give me some more information,
I will here by ask you some relevant questions to fill up the information gap.
1) is XXXXXXX same between both arms ? well detectable?
2) Patch the palm colour is it same or cold hand is lighter?
3) Did your doctor ask you not to take ANY med?
4) Can you take BP on both arms tell me the difference please.
5) Since when are you having that issue?
6) Any cramps in the cold arm?
Waiting for your input
M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)
1) pulse in both wrists are the same and well detectable. Approx 48 b / min.
2) good palm color in both hands and virtually the same.
3) doctor did not ask me to stop meds. In fact, I stopped taking a prescribed statin because of muscle cramps and vague lightheadedness.
4) BP has been good, generally about 120/80 but has sometimes been low.
Will take new BP readings tonight in both arms.
5) I've had mild cold hand/feet symptoms like this for many years.
Right now, it seems the right hand is a bit colder than before.
6) no cramps in cold arm or in any limb.
There is nothing suggestive of anything related to MI
Thanks for writing back,
I am A cardiology post grad trainee my self and I was considering a few possibilities which could have been possible in some one with heart disease and cholesterol issues. But your answers to my questions have almost ruled most of the possibilities.
Now i will explain why i asked those questions:
Your answer 1 and 2 tell me that you are having fine blood supply in both the arms even the colder one has good pulse and colour is means this cold tem is not because of any blood supply issues.
BP in both arms will tell me with what pressure the blood is reaching respective arms , if there is a big difference between BP of the two arms then thsi needs attention.
Cramps, I asked about, because when ever there is a decreased blood flow there is cramps in muscles.
So your answers till now tell me that you do not have to have anything related to cardio vascular system this might just be natural difference in temperature.
There seems to be no connection between MI and cold hand.
Here I would specially like to mention one ting, You have to take cheolsterol meds because you have a stent in you there are chances of it getting stenosed, If statins hurt you talk to your doctor about other options there are many other options.
I would suggest you not to panic things seem to be fine,
Do take BP on both arms and tell me how was it. If thats fine too then you don't have to worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cold sores
- What causes cold sweats
- Cold hands cold feet causes
- What causes cold and increased body temperature at night
- Causes cold hands feet
- Feeling cold and have low temperature what is causing this
- What causes cold and cough
- What is the cause of recurring cold
- Arrhythmia caused by cold temperature
- What causes numbness in toes on exposure to cold temperatures
- What causes depression in a person with thyroid disorder?
- What causes smelly hair syndrome?
- What causes pain and numbness in chest and left arm?
- What causes pain in bottom of foot while walking?
- What causes itching sensation under chin area post carotid endarterectomy?
- Is it necessary to have antibiotics for sore throat and fever?
- Suggest treatment for renal cysts
- What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
- What tests help detect AIDS?
- What causes chest pain after doing cardio exercise?