What causes dizziness while on Trazadone and Klonopin?
I have had a lot of dizziness and light headed east upon standing. My question and concern is that my memory is severely compromised which scares me. For example, I broke up with my boyfriend last week that I don't remember and did so again today. I will be 70 in April.
I think klonopin need to be removed
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Considering the fact that you are almost 70 years of age and there is rapid decline in memory, I feel klonopin should be avoided as far as possible. In case it is necessary to continue the dose can be decreased to 0.25 mg.
Regarding other medications and symptoms I feel you are developing postural hypotension as evidenced by dizziness and lightheadedness on standing. This is rightly possible that there are two medications which can contribute to postural hypotension in addition to your age.
Considering above two facts it will be better if the choice of medications can be reconsidered by your doctor.
My recommendation is to go for trazodone 100 mg and klonopin 0.25 (if necessary).
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness while running
- What causes dizziness while taking methimazole for hypothyroidism
- What is causing dizziness while sitting and laying down
- What is the cause of anxiety when on klonopin
- What causes dizziness and brain shaking while sleeping
- What is the cause of dizziness while taking phentermine
- Dizziness while swallowing what is causing this
- Trazadone cause bedwetting
- What causes dizziness and burps while eating
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?