Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What causes cheese like vaginal discharge?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I had just gone to get a pap smear about 3 weeks ago, and everything was negative,but I have this weird cottage cheese like discharge, doesn't smell bad, and I have a little spotting of blood when I wipe, what could it be. They gave me a perscription in case I had a yeast infection, but I am having same symptoms. I also Have a little cut on the inside of my labia, I think my husband may have cut me with his nail or something, should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Course of the treatment to be completed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Usually fungal infections will present with cheese like discharge. To get rid of the symptoms you have to complete the full course of treatment. Infection can lead to erosion of cervix etc and can cause spotting. Minor cuts may also cause spotting but usually they will heal by their own soon. If symptoms are persisting after completion of the course of antifungal drugs also, once go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity. Depending on the result further management can be planned. As your recent pap smear test was negative, there may not be any major problem. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes cheese like vaginal discharge? 5 minutes later
Thank you! so go for a sensitivity swab? I already took the anti fungal drug they gave, so i guess need to go for the swab ok. Thanks. weird talking about this, I have never ever had any problems that way, maybe I am starting menopause.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, Possibly. Go for swab and estimation of estrogen and FSH levels. This workup may help in finding out the cause for the problem. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor