What causes burning sensation in the abdomen with chest discomfort while having diabetes?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am a diabetic since 10 years. I used to take gluconorm PG2 on tablet a day. Of late I have been using Istamet 50/1000 one tablet two ties I am now experiencing burning sensation in y stomach and chest I a feeling very uneasy. Please advice me whether to continue with Istamet 50/1000 or not.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't delay any further and get yourself checked out at the earliest

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

Well, right now i'm more concerned about you due to the burning sensation in stomach region along with the chest discomfort..

Considering your age, these symptoms and the history of diabetes for 10 years, the possibility of underlying cardiac event/anomaly must need to be ruled out at first without any further delay..

Later on, once those alarming features get ruled out, the anti-diabetics dosage can be optimized..

So I'd request you to please don't delay any more and visit your nearest ER for a detailed physical check-up as well as few prompt investigations (a 12 EKG to start with and further proceed as per the findings)..please call for help, and don't try to drive on your own..

Please let me know how you stay in the due course..

Any further queries are most welcome..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee