What causes sudden chest tightness while playing?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
i had chest tightness when playing tennis. went to E.R.
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided b you i understand your concern and i would like to tell you that with a normal ECG, ECHO and with such a low calcium score results the probablity of having any significant caoronary artery disease is unlikely but still taking into consideration your age and the symptoms which you experienced i wouls like to suggest you to undergo one more test.

Kindly get a Stress test done (TMT) to make sure your heart is getting adequate blood supply during physical stressful activities. And by chance if you get that same kind of chest discomfort during that then it need further evaluation.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: What causes sudden chest tightness while playing? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply. But I want to be clear that you know that my troponin level was high at .4. .53 and then .8 .. so please advise. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
That was an important piece of information which you forgot to mention in your main query. Anyways thanks for the update.

As the repeat Trop levels got raised at different intervals and that to beyond normal range it changes the scenario. Trop is a specific cardiac enzyme which get raised when there is an ischemic injury to heart muscles and you also had chest tightness while physical exertion.

Taking into consideration it advisable that you should personally consult a cardiologist as a Coronary Angiography is required to confirm the presence or absence of coronary artery disease.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Dear sir,

I have mentioned in my very original statement that this why I have replied again to ensure you are aware of my high troponin'

this is my first query " i had chest tightness when playing tennis. went to e.r . ekg and echo results were normal/ bp was 150 /85 and troponin was 0.4 then .14 and 8 . ct calcium score is 1, please advice my next steps '

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Your query which I received was as under

"I had chest tightness when playing tennis. Went to ER.

Additional information was

No 150/83 ecg normal, echo normal, calcium score test result : 1

This was the information I got in the query.

But anyways next step should be a Coronary Angiography.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap