What causes burning sensation during urination with frequent urination?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,
I have burning sensation while urinating and frequent urge to urinate. Is this UTI?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is UTI

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Yes you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection ( UTI).

2) Please give your urine for culture and sensitivity test to identify the organism and antibiotics it is sensitive to.

3) You can take antibiotics as per report. This will reduce the problem of burning, frequent urination etc.. associate with UTI.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dr. Soumya
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Meanwhile can I take some medicine for relief
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

You can take syrup citralka which will help you to reduce the burning.