What causes bruises in the groin area?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Since four days I noticed some spots like bruise in different sizes and color like pale brown red yellow and green in the bikini area . The next day when i woke up i noticed bruises on both leg ( pale brown ) and red one up the knee . Today they turn yellow and start disappearing , some spot disappear with same color ( pale brown )
i dont have any pain . i have very very sensitive skin i have some itchiness . and yeah
I have an iron deficiency,
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be from the iron deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
It could be from the iron deficiency, but still if these came out of the blue and you have not had it before then you probably need to get some blood tests done. A CBC to check a platelet count at a minimum.
Please be sure to get your anemia corrected as recommended by your doctor. If you are taking any other medications or drinking any alcohol sometimes those things can contribute to easy bruising.
Common medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen can increase the risk of bleeding under the skin even with minor trauma.
Please let me know if you have further questions
Dr. Robinson
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 8 minutes later
I just attached 2 photos
I don't take any medecation
I don't drink alcohol

I got that before like from time to time but this time they are so much which makes me worry
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, that is a lot of bruising

Detailed Answer:
I suggest you see a doctor as soon as you can and get some blood tests done. With that much bruising I would check a platelet count, PT, PTT and clotting time.
You need to find out the cause.
Dr. Robinson