What causes blood in urine?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: When I go t the bathroom to urine, sometimes clots of blood will also come out. Lately when I urine my urine is very bloody. I have pain in my stomach along with the bloody urine. I have a history of ulcers and acid reflux. What should I do and what could this be.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understood your concern.
It occurs commonly because of any of the following:
1. Stone in urinary tract .
2. Prostatitis or Urethritis.
I would advise you at present to take Tranemexic Acid tablet available with name Tranexa. It would help you in bleeding control
But this is not treatment.
You need to get investigated. Get following investigations:
1. Ultrasound Abdomen with Kidney and urinary bladder
2. Urine examination
3. Kidney function test.
4. Hemogram.
You should actually see a doctor immediately and share my opinion with him.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.