What causes blisters spreading on inner thigh?

Question
bumps and blister like bumps spreading on my toddlers inner thigh,butt, legs,and now on hands, they seem to be itchy for him and uncomfortable,doctors appt tomorrow,should we go to er, pictures availab.e
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably chicken pox!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these bumps that your child has. I have taken a look at the picture and they are suggestive of chicken pox. Unless he has an elevated fever, there is no need rushing to the ER at this point. Patiently wait for the doctor's appointment tomorrow.

For now, use an antiseptic agent like betadine for baths. Benadryl would help with the itches and this would be enough to help him feel more comfortable until he sees his doctor tomorrow.

I wish him well. I wish you well also. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications. Thanks for using our services and hope you truly find this helpful.