What causes anxiety and insomnia during pregnancy?
I m 30 weeks pregnant now. from last 2 days I have anxiety and cannot sleep properly. I was awake to whole night. today I went for bp check up and it shows 120/100. so now I m a bit concerned that my bp is on higher side ? should I need to go to see my doctor imediatly? I don't have any swollen feet and hand. I have only anxiety and I am a hypothyroid also taking 150 mcg.
get a repeat bp recording after 6 hrs of the first recording
Thanks for the query to hcm,
The blood pressure reading especially a high diastolic single reading is of significance if a repeat reading after 6 hrs shows a similar high BP recording then you shall be labelled as a case of gestational hypertension. The higher recording is likely to be due to poor sleep and bodily stress seconded to it that you have experienced in last 2 days along with anxiety.
Please take a second recording after 6 hrs again and if the bp is still at a higher range then you should be visiting your obstetrician for further examinations which shall include test for urine proteins and other liver function tests.
At 30 weeks, when the uterus has grown where it can cause some breathing difficulty while sitting standing or walking, it is important to have a laid back posture while sitting and also important is to have smaller frequent meals to avoid some gastritis which can invariably cause anxiety and palpitations often especially at night. Sleep in a left lateral position and this should be helpful.
Nevertheless please follow up with your second bp recording.
You never told me your second bp recording.
However the TSH is way too low and should be maintained between 3.2- 3.8.
I feel your dose can be reduced to 100mcg per day as low tosh may cause palpitations due to high thyroxine levels.
If the Bp is normal now and the foetal movements are well perceived at your end then abdominal bump is purely subjective and if the concern is baby's growth then the best way would be to undertake a ultrasound for foetal growth parameters and then you can share the reports.
The palpitations can be yes due to higher thyroxine dosage which has brought down the TSH levels to below normal, ideally you can get it reduced with a target TSH being 3.2 to 3.8.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Steroids in pregnancy cause insomnia
- Anxiety insomnia tensed what is treatment
- What is the cure for insomnia and anxiety
- Why does anxiety cause insomnia
- Trazodone for insomnia and anxiety
- What is the cause and treatment for insomnia
- What viruses causes insomnia
- What is the alternative medication for insomnia and anxiety
- Have insomnia stress anxiety what can help
- Anxiety and insomnia
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection