What causes a throbbing periodic pain and a very hard bump on the left vaginal wall area?
Some more information. Don't handle or squeeze it.
I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.
First of all do not panic.
I would like to know about few things from your side:
1. Are you getting regular menstrual periods?
2. And are you sexually active?
3. And have recently done any blood tests like hemogram, Urine examination and sugar levels?
4. Also, the swelling that you have noticed, is it painful and is it located on the left side near the vaginal opening?
5. Are you getting any fever or any other symptoms?
6. Have you ever experienced such symptoms before?
Please let me know about it to help you out in a better way.
At present I will suggest you not to handle the swelling, and do not try to squeeze it or prick it.
Use of Lactic acid containing vaginal wash during bath time is advisable.
If pain is not bearable, please seek prescription support from your treating doctor for analgesic like Paracetamol as needed.
I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to communicate with me again.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar,
I had my regular physical and mamomgram and pap test in August and all was normal. As part of that I had my sugar, liver blood test etc. tested and all was good. I had slightly elevated liver for fat. My cholesteral was good. Should I go see my doctor to get it checked?
Abscess or lymph nodes. Broad spectrum antibiotic.
I have gone through your reply. Thanks for your feedback.
From your description it looks like either a kind of follicular abscess or Bartholin abscess or some inflamed Lymph node.
Please seek consultation from your treating Gynecologist and get the pathology confirmed.
Usually, a week long course of a broad spectrum antibiotic containing Amoxicillin and Clavulinic acid two times a day will be of help. Of course take prescription support from your treating doctor.
Please maintain personal hygiene. Keep private parts clean and dry. Opt for a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen.
Things will be fine in the due course of time.
Hope I have answered your question.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the left jaw
- What causes sharp vaginal pain
- What is the cause of throbbing pain in the head
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes left scapula pain
- What is the cause for hard painful buttock
- What can cause vaginal pain
- What causes left hand pain
- What causes swollen vaginal walls without pain
- What causes left flank pain
- What does my follicular study report indicate?
- What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?
- Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?
- What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?
- Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?
- What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?
- What does this thyroid test report indicate?
- What is Lupride injection prescribed for?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation