What causes a small hard knot in labia majora while treating vaginal infection?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hello, I've had some type of vaginal infection for a few weeks. I experienced a lot of itching and swelling. I took monistat and the symptoms seemed to gradually get better. however, now I have a small hard knot in the labia majora. what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Can you upload a picture of this knot ?
I need to have a look at it so that I can opine better.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
it's not visible, it's more on the inside and you can feel it. it's about pea size and a little painful if you touch it
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
It could be a small cyst or a boil.
Really difficult to say without looking at it.
Try taking a course of oral antibiotics for 5 days, and if it gets bigger, redder or more painful, consult your gynec for it.