What causes a cluster of pus filled bumps on areola during lactation?
Infection of glands
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have understood it.
To me it seems like an infection of areolar glands of XXXXXXX rather than a cancer.
I would suggest an oral antibiotic e.g amoxicillin or cephalexin, for a week.
Topically you may use an antibiotic cream/ointment e.g either mupirocin ointment or neosporin ointment, twice daily.
Infection of areolar glands
Thank you. I have reviewed the images.
I would stick to my original diagnosis of possible infection of XXXXXXX glands. This is not cancer and would resolve with medications. It is safe to take the above mentioned oral antibiotics during lactation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes areola dryness
- Bump on areola breast with pus
- Male pus filled bump around areola
- What causes flaking or peeling skin on the areolas
- What causes pimple on the areola
- Sore pus filled bumps areola
- What is the cause of pus filled bumps on areola
- What could a pus-filled bump on areola during pregnancy denote
- Does loestrin 24 fe cause areola bumps
- Puss filled bump on areola
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body