What cause pain and seizure while on anti depression medication?
Last week I was spending time with my boyfriend and he felt sharp pain on his head and ask me if he had been stung or had a bee stinger or something on his head just below his hair line. As I went to look he then had a sezure. When he came to he thought he blacked out and was scared. Hes never had a sezure and has no history of epilepsy. I urged him to goto the hospital but he refused and told me to never speek of this happening.
I know he's taking an ssri type medication for his depression and hadnt slept for a few nights as he'd been using amphetamines and possible still had heroin in his system.
Why did this happen and should there be anything to worry about?
Seizures and heroin use
Thank you for contacting HCM with your medical questions.
I am sorry to hear that your boyfriend had an episode where he blacked out and had seizure like activity. This is very concerning and he should have been seen by a physician. If he has another seizure immediately call 911 and have him transported to the hospital. The seizures could be related to his drug abuse problems.
I also urge that you talk with him to seek additional help for his amphetamine and heroin abuse. These problems are dangerous and can affect his life forever. He would need to go through a drug rehab program to get him off the medication and then to stay clean.
I hope he will listen to you and your concern over his health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from anxiety depression medications
- Taking anti-depressant medication for depression no relief help
- Tiredness headache taking depression medication any suggestions
- Dns depression medication
- Palpatation from anti depressants causing neck pain
- Drug interaction of alcohol and depression medication
- Can having anti depressant cause dizziness and pressure pain
- Depression medication causing problems with sexual life suggestions
- Diagnosed to have severe depression medication not working recommendations
- Is depression medication related to bruising
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?