Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What can be the red flesh coming from inside the vagina ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
I had a pelvic exam a few months ago, along with a Pap smear. Everything OK. But now I have red flesh (looks like liver) coming from the inside of my vagina. Used to bleed a small amount, and there was pain in intercourse.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Inter-menstrual bleeding or contact bleeding should not be taken lightly.

It can be due to cervical erosion.

''Red flesh looking like liver '' can be prolapse of bladder or rectum or can be a cervical polyp with descent of cervix.

I would suggest you to get your vaginal examination done again, in case they have missed something.

Also do get all the relevant investigations done to rule out Cancer of the Cervix like colposcopy etc.

I will always be available for your further queries.

Best regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor