Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What can be pea sized lump with pus in cliotoris ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
i have a small pea sized lump in my clitoris. it is not painful, but i can squeeze it and sometimes some puss comes out. what is it and how concerned should i be?
Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
Hello Emmaline,

Thanks for your query.

Any lump in the genital area has to be treated as a sexually transmitted disease if you are sexually active. It would be wise to get tested for stds like syphilis,herpes,gonorrhea etc. If the test is normal and you are cleared of stds then this is probably a cyst or a clogged gland. Unless they get infected, they are pretty harmless. If the cyst has started discharging, then there is probably no active infection.

Apply hot fomentation on the area few times a day. This is the best home remedy available for you.

If the cyst doesnt resolve in a few days then antibiotics will be required as its probably getting infected.

I suggest that you get an std panel first. If clear, your doctor can give you antibiotics for the cyst if needed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can be pea sized lump with pus in cliotoris ? 7 hours later
What is Invlved in an STD panel? Thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later
Well its basically a panel of tests for most common stds like herpes,syphilis,gonorrhea,hpv,chlamydia etc.All std clinics will do them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can be pea sized lump with pus in cliotoris ? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Well just a blood test.Wont hurt if done properly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor