What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
Hair loss evaluation
Noted your concern. Most symptoms of hypothyroidism including hair loss are not specefic to hypothyroidism. This means that, many other disorders can mimic symptoms of hypothyroidism. Apart from hypothyroidism, Hairloss can occur in vitamin deficiencies, stress, dandruff as well as anemia. You had mentioned that you do not have anemia. TSH is normal. So causes other than hypothroidism and anemia to be rule out . In most cases, TSH is sufficient to dianose hypothyroidism, but it is better to check FT4 ( free T4) as well. STRESS and depression are major causes of hair loss.
What is your weight and height? How are your periods?
Did you meet a dermatologist ever ?
Undernutrition cam cause hairloss. Apart from proteins, you also need micronutrients. Vitamins and minerals are important for skin and hair follicle growth. Borth control pill is unlikely to cause hairloss. Dermatologist should be able to come to a diagnosis after examining hair and scalp. Scalp should be examined for dermatitis or dandruff which can cause itching and hair loss.
Beat the srress/anxiety with meditation or yoga
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypothyroidism symptoms indigestion
- What causes pregnancy symptoms when having hypothyroidism
- Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- What causes perimenopausal symptoms with hypothyroidism
- Symptoms hypothyroidism and labyrinthitis
- Hypothyroid symptom cough fever
- What are the symptoms of hypothyroid state
- Hypothyroid symptoms skin rash
- Symptoms of hypothyroidism hot flushes
- Is sore throat a hypothyroid symptom