What are the side effects of overdose of Ondem syrup?
my son was born with congenital arthrogryposis affecting his lower limbs..thats his history...now he is 9.5 months old weighing 8.5 kgs...he is suffering from cough and cold and a lil wheezing sound from his chest..when we went to see his paedriatician he prescibed azee syrup(100 mg) 4 ml once a day for 3 days..solvin decongestant 2 ml 3 times a day..ambrodyl s 3 ml..3 times a day and relent plus 2 ml at night...he gave perinorm syrup for vomitting but due to known side effects i decided not to go with perinorm and went ahead with ondem syrup( each 5 ml contains 2mg ondem)...now this is where we messed up..we gave 4 ml instead of 1.5 ml..is it a overdose? what shall we do? can u prescribe correct dosage for ondem syrup?and how many times it can be taken in a day for a child?....also other medicnes goven by his paed are they ok? please answer all my queries i am really worried about the overdose which we gave accidentally...
skip ambrodyl s
Thanks for writing to us.
First let me tell you there are too many medicines involved here.
Ambrodyl s and relent plus both have ambroxol.
It is better to skip ambrodyl s and continue relent plus which has ambroxol and cetrizine.
Ondem syrup at this age the dose can range from 1.5 to 2.5 ml Which is considered as safe limit.
Recommended once in eight hours till vomiting settles.
4 ml is a bit high but one or two doses shouldn't cause any harm.
Avoid giving ondem for next two doses.
Then you can restart it at 1.5 ml.
No need to worry. Your child will be safe.
No other medicines are required.
Wishing your child good health and speedy recovery.
also he had given azithromycin syrup 4 ml once a day for 3 days...my sis is also a doctor she says to use bactoclav instead of azithromycin ...what shall i do i am really confused right now..please help me out sir..his cough in the chest is too much
nebuliser only with oxygen
1. Continue relent plus in the current dosage.
2. Frequency could be twice daily ( morning and evening).
3. You can use ambrodyl s in the afternoon alone.
4. Nebulisations should be given with oxygen in a hospital. Twice daily with salbutamol one respule each time with oxygen. Avoid home nebulisations.
5. Azithromycin is a good antibiotic too. You need not change it.
avoid cow's milk
It is recommended worldwide that cow's milk shouldn't be given to infants below one year.
Rest of the foods you are giving is ok.
Avoid sugar and salt in foods. Nan 2 can be given safely.
Rice gruel, idli, suji kheer, kitchdi can be given too provided they are prepared separately with very little sugar and without spicy.
Drinking liquids like tender coconut water, nan should help in maintaining hydration
My sons nose was blocked so his paed gave him ottrivin spray one spray each nostril 3 times a day for 5 days...you are well aware of all the other medications which are going on...instead of stopping ambrodyl s which was 3 ml three times a day he stopped relent plus at night and replaced it with plain Cetrizine 2 ml....are the medication correct ? Also azee 100 mg which was 4 ml once for 3 days...we have completed that today..can we continue that for 1-2 more days? Looking forward for your answer
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of overdose of thyronorm tablet
- Have overdosed stamlobeta what will be the side effects
- What are the side effect of cardizem and lisinopril overdose
- Side effects of digene overdose
- Side effects of overdose of cremaffin
- What is the side effects of medler overdose
- Side effects with overdose of thyronorm
- Cough syrup acefyl overdose side effects
- What are the side effects of biotin overdose
- Anxinil overdose side effects
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....