What are the side effects of Panderm plus cream?
Too many side effects,I don't recommend it as fairness cream
Thanks for the query
Panderm plus cream should never be used as a fairness cream for long term because of it's serious side effects particularly in children.
Panderm plus contains Ofloxacin(antibiotic),terbenafine(antifungal) and clobetasole(potent steroid).
Out of these three it is the steroid which causes fairness by inhibiting the color producing cells(melanin producing cells).Other agents like ofloxacin and terbenafine is used in bacterial and fungal infection and they don't have any role in fairness.
This cream is widely used as a fairness cream in adult females causing steroid dependence.The skin of children is much more delicate than the adults and side effect appears much earlier.The main side effects are thinning of skin,appearance of hair on the face,prominence of vessels(condition known as telengeactacia) and rashes.
So I don't recommend it as a fairness cream and suggest you to stop using this.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?