Owl Image

What are the chances of seeing yolk at 6-7 weeks of pregnancy?

Excellent

OBGYN
Question
My question is about my Pregnancy,my LMP is 03.07.2014,my cycle length is 30-31 days,I did a Fertility test last month and according to this my ovulation was between 20-21 .07.2014. Yesterday I went to my doc,he saw the gs with 9*4 mm but no yolk sac...is there a chance that we would see it next week?Thanks
Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for a week

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I read your query and following is my reply:

1) This is very early pregnancy with gestational age between 6 to 7 weeks considering your cycle duration and ovulation dates.

2) Yolk scan should have been seen by now in gestational sac.

3) Since it has not been seen till now there is possibility of it being seen in next week exists only if ovulation or implantation has delayed.

4) Hence it is very early to decide by now. Hence please wait for a week and repeat ultrasound scan.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: What are the chances of seeing yolk at 6-7 weeks of pregnancy? 29 minutes later
Thanks ,then you say,according to my ovulation date (~20-21.07.2014),it is early to see yolk sac,is my GS size normal 9*4 mm (my doctor wrote),My doc said you should be 6 weeks ,but because of your cycle length you r 5,5 weeks preg,an maybe 1-2 more days back..I had no bleeding,no pain...what % is my chance for the next week,is it soo possible to cant see the yolk sac under 1 cm GS...I m asking again ang again,sorry for that,I m so stressed cause o f this case..

Sorry for my English and written mistakes...:)

Answered by Dr. Soumya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yolk sac

Detailed Answer:

I understand your stress. But you have to wait for another week before you find answers to these questions.

Your gestational sac size seems to be normal. But yolk sac should be seen by next week.

meanwhile continue medicines and get scan done after one week.