Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Weakness, low body weight. What i need to do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi, i am too week,and am feeling is not good that am just 42Kg, what i need to do?
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can appreciate your concern.

Please provide me with some more information so that I can suggest you in a better way.

1. Your height
2. Any recent loss of weight
3. Your work profile
4. Family history of any disease

Please reply.

I will be waiting for answers.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Weakness, low body weight. What i need to do? 1 hour later
1. 160 CM
2. Yes 3 Kg
3. With computer(Medical Billing)
4. Nothing like
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

From your height and weight ratio you are underweight.

First of all as you have history of recent weight loss, I think you should consult a doctor and go for some investigations like.

1. Blood counts
2. Blood sugar
3. Thyroid
4. Urine routine

These basic tests will help us know any nutritional deficiency is there or not, or something related to thyroid problem.

In general please do the following which should help.

>Take good nourishing diet. Take small meals 4-5 times in a day. Have plenty of fruits, vegetables, milk and milk products.
>Have diet XXXXXXX in protein; take sprouted moong, soybean etc at least 3 times in a week.
>Do regular exercise .Walking, skipping ropes etc are better.
>Avoid junk foods and cold drinks they only give empty calories and suppress hunger.
>Avoid stress if any. Try relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation etc.

Please visit your family doctor/physician and get examined and investigated.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor