Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Vaginal area was irritated. Had a bump on clitoris. Squeezed out white bumps and used neospirin, What is advised?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12589 Questions
Yesterday I realized my vaginal area was irritated. It was last night that I realized there was a huge bump ON my clitoris. It already had some white stuff poking out of it ( I know, gross) so I just squeezed it out..and then I put neosporin on it and went to sleep. I woke up today and saw that it has not gotten better but worse I tried to just touch it and it was excruciating. Any advice would be very appreciated.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your description it seems that you are having an infected hair follicle or an infected sebaceous cyst near your clitoris. Other possibility is a bartholin's abscess.
In all these cases, proper expression of any pus inside.
You need to consult your gynecologist for appropriate prescriptions.
Mean while you can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen and do a hot fomentation in the area. Only expression of the white stuff is not sufficient to bring relief if it is a sebaceous cyst or bartholin's abscess. Complete removal of the cyst is needed for the cure.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor