Unprotected sex, withdrawal method, last day of periods, on TriSprintec, missed pills. Okay to take Plan B emergency contraceptive ?
Thanks for the query.
If you started the pill on day one of your cycle,you are reaosnably protected.But if you started the pill on day 5,then you need to use another form of protection for this cycle.You shouldnt take another hormonal contraceptive.Use a barrier method instaed eg.condom.Continue the tri sprintec as usual.If you are at risk,then taking plan b now will cause disruption in this cycle.
You will need to start the tri spintec as a fresh pack from the next cycle.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods taking regestrone unprotected sex emergency contraceptive pill needed
- What causes missed periods after taking emergency contraceptive next choice
- Emergency contraception for unprotected sex
- Nordette emergency contraception period
- Delayed periods taken emergency contraceptive pill pregnant
- Irregular periods after taking emergency contraceptive pills chances of pregnancy
- Unprotected sex took emergency contraception late bleeding unlike periods pregnancy
- Delayed periods unprotected sex took emergency contraceptive pregnancy chances
- Emergency contraceptive pill in periods
- Took emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected sex no periods pregnant