Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Type 2 diabetic. Suffering from candida infection on penis. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I am a type 2 Diabetic patient from Pune India.
I have been suffering from candida infection on my penis intermittently since last 3-4 years. Right now the infection is very severe and i have got cuts and bleeds from it. I want to see a good doctor to get rid of this as soon as possible. But don't know where to go, whether a skin expert or sexologist or general physician. Can you guide me on this, and if possible suggest me a good expert for this in Pune, India.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Before I can help you please clarify me two things
1. What are your current blood levels.
2. Did you have sex with any unsafe partner recently.
3. Have you done hiv test anytime.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Dr. Srikanth XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Type 2 diabetic. Suffering from candida infection on penis. How to treat this? 12 minutes later
Please find below my answers for your queries:

1. What are your current blood levels. 15 days old results: Fasting: 163 / PP: 267
2. Did you have sex with any unsafe partner recently. No
3. Have you done HIV test anytime. Yes. result was negative.

I have been taking medicine: ZOCON Kit 150 (Titanazole) as n when i had this problem and it helped for the time being, but used to come back after 2-3 months.

Pls Suggest me treatment and suitable doctor at Pune if you have any contacts.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for the details.
Your sugar levels are too high and thats the reason your candida infection is not settling down. Excess sugar levels are an ideal ground for fungal infection. Your first aim shouldbbebto control your sugar levels. For that you need to contact your physician or diabetic specialist. Also strictly follow all the advises given to you. Keep a proper diet and start exercising. Unless your sugars are controlled your candida infection will be difficult to control.
Regarding your candida problem you need to visit a dermatologist and nobody other than that. You can visit dr. Tannu of pune. You can find the details on WWW.WWWW.WW
He is a nice dermatologist and can be of help to you.
Thanks and regards
Dr Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor