Twin pregnancy. Severe skin rashes. History of skin allergy and sulpha drugs allergy. Any safe medication?
I went through your history. It seems that your wife has urticaria more precisely dermographism.
The following factors coule be responsible.
1. Infections any where in the body.
2. Infestations like parasitic infection
3. Inhalations like pollens and dust
4. Ingestion like coke sprite etc
5. Ingestion of drugs or food
6. Injections if any
7. Auto immune in pregnancy
8. Idiopathic ie without detectable cause
As there are many causes only a dermatologist can sort it out.
Hence I suggest you to consult a dermatologist
Anti histamines only will help. There are many safe anti histamines during pregnancy.
This is only a temporary problem and need not worry
Hope she will recover soon
The itching actually started about a month back, and I think after progestrone oil shot.
I understand that we should go to specialist, but whould appreciate if you could suggest some home remedy , she takes a tablet of citzine when it starts itching , but not really effective.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the proper medication for skin allergy
- Rashes on the body skin allergy
- Skin allergy with black marks
- Drugs/medication for recurrent skin allergy
- Allergy medicine for skin allergies
- Skin allergies elbows knees
- Vitamin b skin allergy rash
- Drugs/medication for skin allergy
- Sudden skin allergies and rashes
- Harpiece skin allergy
- How can a solitary pimple in a five year old be treated?
- What could a lump on my leg with a black mole be?
- What is eosinophilic folliculitis ?
- Skin tanning, dry skin, skin peeling, normal colour in winter, missing...
- Why do I have reddish semen?
- On TB medication, rashes on penis, phalloplasty for penis enhancement
- Bump on penis, had unprotected sex. Herpes or Syphilis?
- Ridges on the toe nails, toe nails coming off, no discoloration, history...
- Unprotected sex, negative test, advised re-test after six months. Reason?
- Non penetrative sex with sex worker, masturbation, no exchange of body...