Does Hydroxyzine help to deal with alcohol withdrawal symptoms?
Baclofen or acaprosate can be used
Thanks for using Health Care Magic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Although there are multiple options for reduction of alcohol craving but I think acamprosate and baclofen scores better when it comes to non narcotic and non benzodiazepine medication. Among the above two choices acamproasate have better properties as it acts on NMDA receptors while the Baclofen uses the same receptors used by barbiturates.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headaches alcohol withdrawal symptom
- Treatment and cure for alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Alcohol withdrawal symptom muscle stiffness
- Giving up alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms causes
- Diagnosis of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Coping with alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms bloody stool
- Mild alcohol withdrawal symptoms