Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, pregnancy test negative, have nausea and cramps. Could I be pregnant?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I am trying to conceive. My period is now 9 days late but I have taken a pregnancy test every 3 days and they are all negative. I have been feeling nauseous every morning and have cramps and back pain but no period. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

First of all, you should undergo one blood test for beta-HCG & pelvic ultrasound scan at the earliest. Early home pregnancy test is less significant and may give negative result.

In exclusion of pregnancy, other reasons for late period are stress/ anxiety, hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit, overweight or extreme weight loss, thyroid disturbance, high prolactin level etc.

Proper treatment depends on underlying etiological factors. Therefore, I suggest you to consult with a gynecologist who can guide for relevant investigations (like ultrasound scan of pelvis, hormone assay etc) after a physical examination.

The following measures can be helpful :

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Complete avoidance of salty/ fatty/ junk food stuffs.
3) Try to avoid stress by yoga/ deep breathing regularly (20-30 times).
4) Drink plenty of water and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits.
5) Control body weight by regular physical exercise. Maintain personal hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor