Suggest ways to monitor ovulation

OBGYN
Question
Hello Doc ! I'm 26 years old, married for one year and trying to conceive for the past 8 or 9 months. Last May, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid with a tsh level of 10. Since taking medicine, it has now dropped to 3. My husband's semen analysis report came back fine and normal. My cycles have always been regular from 28 to 30 days. Of late, in alternate months, I do get a cycle period of 38 days. It happened last november and september. Since it is has become irregular, I find it difficult to know when I ovulate. I started taking basal body temperature as suggested by some of my friends to detect ovualtion. But it hasn't shown a steady temperature shift yet. I've attached the same for your perusal. Please let me know whether I have ovulated or not. On cycle days, 19 , 20 and 21.. I felt my temperature rise as I was feeling hot but my app has not detected yet. Kindly let me know if there is anyother way to know if am ovulating. My gynecologist last month suggested me to take letroz 2.5 mg for ovualtion induction. But I don't want to try it yet. One more query is that I'm always dry down there during my fertile period. I don't get eggwhite cervical mucus at all. Please suggest some ways to increase the same. Thank you !
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follicular growth scan

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Basal body temperature ( BBT) is not always best way to monitor fertility and ovulation.

2) BBT change happens secondary to ovulation changes and tends to get fluctuated with external climate and atmosphere. I suggest dont rely on it alone. There is no way to externally correct it or increase it.

3) I suggest you listen to your gynecologist advice on letroz and get regular follicular growth scan to identify the day of ovulation which is more promising way to identify.

4) BBT and mucous are not the only ways and not good ways to identify ovulation.

Let me know if you need anymore help.