• question-icon

Suggest ways to boost immunity

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: what can i take for boosting my immunity?what kind of medical supliments?
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Healthy lifestyle

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question and i understand your concern.

You can boost your immune system by following a healthy lifestyle:
- Avoid smoking , alcohol ( if you do ).
-Do regular excercise, be active , do at least 30 min / day physicala activity( walking, running ...)
-Have a regular sleep ( 6-8 hours)
-Drink planty of water , stay hydrated , reach 2L water / day .
-Take all the vitamins with food ( it's the key for boosting your immune system.: Eat fruits (oranges, apples, XXXXXXX strawberries , kiwi...different fruits ) , vegetables ,( carrots , tomateos, plumb , spinach , beans , broccoli.) ..
-Eat regular meals, i every meal try to include in your plate a fruit ( different fruit every meal)or vegetables .
If you take vitamins through a good diet, you don't need suplements , cause you already take the neccesary amount of vitamins ( Vit C,E,B )through food .
The supplements that boost the immune system are the multivitamine supplements.

Hope i have answered your question.
Let me know if you have any furthe rclarifications, i will be happy to help .
Take Care !
Dr Balliu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 30 minutes later
i am a smoker can You please give me some advices for kuitting smoking ?thank you
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello again !
Thank you for the follow up.
First let me congrat you about the decision to stop smoking.

Smoking has no any good effect on your body, only makes you get addicted to nicotine, to the habit and makes you get sick( from COPD to Cancer ).
Here are some advices :

-It's important to have a strong will, to be decided not to start again and to remember always the reason why are you stop smoking ( for your health, "not to have cancer " in the future ...)

-Put a certain date when you will stop smoking .

-Would be good to have somebody near you( somebody else that wants to stop, a friend, family member ..) that will encourage you to keep going on with the decision of not to start smoking again.

-Every time that feels like smoking do somthing else ( excercise), drink coffe ,eat a chocolate, , yoga do something that you like to do .( substitue smoking habit with something else ).
- Destroy every packet of cigarete / light , every material that reminds you of smoking.
Avoid places where people smoke

-Start a new sport - start the gym to keep yourself busy.

-Is there any stressful situation, activity, feelings , that push( increase the desire to smoke ) you to smoke? -If yes try to avoid and relax.

-You can use nicotine patch/spray/ gum for 4 weeks by decreasing the dosage every week .Will help for your nicotine dependens( withdrawal proces ).

Hope these help.
Wish you good luck.
Dr Balliu.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rudina Balliu