Suggest ways for teeth whitening

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 in Dental Health
Question: I would like to whiten my teeth especially the side ones. Please let me know what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs more details..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain whitening of teeth is done by a number of home and professional procedures..
But, first of all I would like to know a few more details before I can advise you appropriately..

1.Why do you need to whiten your teeth, are they yellowish or brownish?
2.Do you have discoloration of teeth since childhood or has occurred recently?
3.Do you have any tobacco chewing or smoking habit?

If possible please send me Images of your teeth and also of any other details that you would like to give..

Please revert back with answers..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 20 minutes later

Thanks for quick reply. I have attached the images of my teeth.

Please find my answers below

1.Why do you need to whiten your teeth, are they yellowish or brownish? - Yellowish

2.Do you have discoloration of teeth since childhood or has occurred recently? - Since last 1 Year

3.Do you have any tobacco chewing or smoking habit? - None
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Staining of teeth, get Scaling done..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As per the images, it seems that due to improper maintenance of Oral hygiene there has been staining of teeth..

This cannot be cleaned with tooth brush and you need to consult a Dentist and get the teeth cleaned by a procedure known as Scaling..

You should also ask for demonstrating proper brushing technique and once the teeth becomes clean, you can maintain them by proper brushing..

Also I can see that you have a small bump on the lower front gums along with the tooth over it is decayed..

You seem to have a sinus formation that is an abscess that is draining due to infection in the tooth and due to infection there is Pus formation..
You should also get an x ray of the tooth done and get it treated..

Any further questions are welcome..

Regards..