Suggest treatment for vitiligo
An image would be helpful.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
It would really be appreciable if you could attach an image of the skin patches. I would like to know if the diagnosis has been confirmed by a dermatologist. You can use the facility on the upper right of the page and upload the image. Based on it I can suggest if Omnicortel would be the right thing to use. It is a steroid and short term use can often be useful. But I doubt if the 6 week treatment is required. If the patches are due to pityriasis versicolor, omnicortel can be initially helpfu but some antifungal should be needed alongside. If the patches are due to vitiligo, omnicortel would only be partially effective and other modalities like phototherapy might be essential. Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease and might be hard to treat. I would wait for you to upload the image so that I can help you properly.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lip vitiligo laser treatment
- Is puva treatment for vitiligo dangerous
- Vitiligo treatment
- Suggest natural treatment for vitiligo
- Suggest an alternative to melgain ointment for treatment of vitiligo
- Treatment of vitiligo scrotum
- Betnesol forte for vitiligo treatment
- Treatment vitiligo, himalaya drugs
- Treatment for vitiligo on glans
- Fastest treatment for segmental vitiligo