Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency
clearly outlined below...
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
In our todays Hurry-burry lifestyle & working in airconditioned offices, vit -D deficiency is becoming a major health concern.
Vit-D is synthesized in our body just underneath our skin through the sun light , so we call it as SUNSHINE VITAMIN.
Vit -D is essential for following metabolisms:-
1.Vit-D helps in minerilization of bone by increasing the absorption of calcium through the intestines and there by strengthens your bone.
2.Recent evidences say vit-D is very essential in preventing the cardiovascular diseases.So every physician prescribing vit-D along with general prescription
3. Vit-D increases the sensitivity of insulin on the peripheral tissues there by decreases the chances of eary onset of Diabetes.
In case of deficiency of vit-D :-
1.Your bones becomes weak gradually, and there is chance of fractures
2.There is increased risk of cardiovascular diseases
All the above consequences can be reversible if you start the vit -D ASAP.
coming to precautions :-
1.Expose to morning and evening sun light(Like sun bathe in a nice beach)
2.Vit-D is generally present in animal based, including fish and fish oils, egg yolks, cheese, fortified milk, and beef liver.
Your next question about root cause :-
Most of the times the defeciency is due to improper intake of vit -d containing foods and lack of exposure to sunshine. so you dont require any further tests.
Discuss with your family physician and start Vit-D ASAP.
I have outlined..various other possibilities.
Thanks for contacting me on Healthcare Magic,
Apart from the lack of sun-exposure there are two main causes of Vit -d deficiency,
1. Dietary abscence of Vit -D
2. Malabsorption of Vit -D through gut.
Other causes include :-
1.patients who are on anti-epileptic drugs like phenytoin,phenobarbitone
3.Patients with improper kidney function like CKD (chronic kidney disease) due to either long standing diabetes or hypertension
4.patients who are on dialysis
So , my final conclusion is that the possible reason for low vit d levels in your case is due to Lack of sun exposure and Dietary deficiency of vit D. Because I dont find other medical illness in you.
Try this :-
If you are a non-veg person eat good amount fish, beef/lamb liver ,egg, milk.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin d deficiency ayurveda treatment
- Homeopathic treatment for vitamin d deficiency
- Vitamin d deficiency treatment emedicine
- Is drisdol used in the treatment of vitamin d deficiency?
- Keloid treatment with vitamin d deficiency
- Treatment and cure for vitamin-d deficiency
- Vitamin d deficiency ayurveda
- Treatment of vitamin d deficiency
- Suggest treatment for vitamin d deficiency
- Vasculitis vitamin d deficiency treatment