Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes in the neck

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Question: My daughter 6years old have swollen lymph node over 2 months and i already consult 4 doctors all of them said it is too small moveable and soft and because of upper respiratory problems as she is suffreing from sinus the dr give her 5mg remont for three months the two months are over it looks small.from previous months but not too small
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry even if it increases slightly in size

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Lymph nodes enlarge in an attempt to contain local infections. Possibly the enlargement in the lymph node is due to a local infection and could be due to a common cold. You need not worry about it. Nothing needs to be done about it. It may be there for some time. No need to worry.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 24 minutes later
In how many days it gets original in original.size as in google.itbis written over 4.weeks it is.tonbe checked her cbc and esr are normal. I have to wait how many weeks have to be wait . Only remont tablet is enough for swollen lymph nodes
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medication will not help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. It is hard to comment on the duration. It can be there for a few months. You simply need not bother about its size.

Remont is an antiallergic combination tablet. I do not suppose you need to give anything for the swollen lymph nodes, not even Remont. You can give Remont if you feel that there is an increased propensity to catch cold.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 10 days later
Hello.sir once again i m disturbing you . I went to the ent the dr. said that adeniods have increased which cause the problem ofswollen lymph nodes to my daughter and at night her nose blocked and start breathing from mouth and feeling very thirtsy . I want to the adeniods and stiffy nose and sore throat are the reason for lymph nodes and what treatment have to be given my daughter as i m living in karnatka and the weather is very dynamic the noon is hot and night is cold. Plz advice me
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Such issues are common in children

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Sorry for the inadvertent delay in responding.

Adenoids often get enlarged in children, especially in ones with a propensity to catch cold. Unless the child suffers for frequent attacks (more than 7 episodes each year for 3 consecutive years) or unless the respiratory obstruction is severe, the adenoids do not need to be operated as they eventually spontaneously regress. You need not worry about the lymph node enlargement as they can get enlarged during such an episode. Nothing needs to be done about it.

Apply Nasoclear nasal drops for the nasal block. Giving Montair LC (monteleukast + levocetirizine) once daily for the next few days should help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 13 hours later
Thanks for ur valuable suggestion . I have given remont tab 5mg from last 2.5 months . My anxiety level increased when ever i heard from people and google about lymphomha and metasis . My ent dr tell mr that in the case of my daughter the weight is increasing and the child is very active so dont worry. Swollen lymph nodes of back left side of neck takes 6 months to low down.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your doctor is right

Detailed Answer:
Your doctor is right. If the child is active and is not rapidly losing weight, you can assume that things are fine.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana