• question-icon

Suggest treatment for swollen glans and uncontrolled blood glucose levels

Posted on Tue, 9 May 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, Doctor.
I have a problem which occurred upon being diagnosed with Diabetes. The problems is that whenever my glucose readings reach high numbers, (i.e. 250 or above), I get this problem with the foreskin on my penis. The glans seems to be swollen causing the skin to appear difficult to pulll back while urinating and when pulled back a small painful knot seems to be attached to the frenulum
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is very common to get Genital Candidiasis in Diabetic patients,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Geniting Muco Cutaneous Genital Candidiasis is a common problem in patients with uncontrolled diabetes .

Ensure to keep your diabetes well control at all the time to prevent this to happen repeatedly .

Take antibiotics along with anti fungal medication like Fluconazole and topical anti fungal cream like Cotramazole for local application .

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist