Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 999 Questions
I have a mild electric current sensation in my penis, no other symptoms. A few weeks ago I saw a urologist who performed an ultrasound , tested my urine and did a prostate exam. I mentioned the symptom to him and he said it was not serious but then it was a one time thing for a few seconds, today it is more frequent.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed evaluation is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
The abnormal tingling sensation can be due to nerve weakness predisposed by diabetes or other illness. Consult a physician and check your blood sugar level to look for uncontrolled diabetes.
The other possibility is something called “referred pain,” running from the tip of the penis all the way over to the prostate. Consult a urologist and get a detailed urological evaluation including ultrasound and MRI.
If everything comes as normal you can simply ignore this symptom as it quite common in middle aged men.
Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does my ultrasound scan report indicate? 5 hours later
Can stress/anxiety increase the frequency of this happening ? I am not on any medications nor do I have any medical conditions.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Stress and anxiety can aggravate the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for followup.
Stress and anxiety can aggravate these kind of symptoms. Avoid unwanted stress and anxiety. Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor