Suggest treatment for swollen and puffy eyes
My daughter eyes have been puffy and swollen for about a week, she does suffer from allergies, she hasn't had any symptoms in the past week and the swollen eyes still havn't went away. I was reading online about causes of swollen puffy eyes and something caught my eye, a disease called nephrotic syndrome which is linked to kidney problems, I am praying that this isn't the case and that allergies are playing the role here, does anyone here know anyone that suffered from nephrotic syndrome? I took a picture of her eyes for reference. Thanks.
looks like allergy
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the attached picture.
The rash looks like allergy .I am saying this because the picture shows swelling with redness.
In nephrotic syndrome the swelling will be there but with no redness .
Just treat her for allergies with antihistamines.
I do hope she gets better soon.
If she suffers frequently , a skin prick test can be done to identify the triggers so that they could be avoided to prevent allergic phenomenon.
Wishing your child good health
nephrotic syndrome is common
Nephrotic syndrome is common in children.
Sometimes it develops slowly and can lead to prolonged swelling below eyes.
Take her to your nearby doctor.
Blood albumin, triglycerides and urine test for protein should help in identifying it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black swollen eye treatment
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for swollen eye lids
- Swollen eyes treatment for boxers
- Suggest treatment for swollen face and eyes due to sinusitis
- What is the treatment for puffy and swollen eyes
- Swollen eye allergies treatment
- Eucalyptus oil in eye burns swollen puffy treatment
- Treatment for swollen red and painful eye
- Hit in the eye swollen eye treatment