Suggest treatment for sore throat

Posted on Fri, 16 Dec 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Granddaughter has limp (sore) in throat she went to emergency room and was givin amoxicillion ? Anyway she smokes too so I am wondering what she could drink ? Tea? Or do to help .. is it just an infection?
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear user ! Thank you for posting your question here !
According to the medication that the doctor gave to her and sore in the throat looks like a bacterial infection.

Yes she can drink tea and other fluids ,will help to stay hydrated which is very important to her.
Do not use hot tea or other hot liquids, only warm.
-Gargle with warm salt water
-ask her to stop smoking at least during this time of infection until she gets better.
-The air in the house should be warm , avoid cold air.
-Can take acetaminophen (Tylenol)or if she has pain or fever ( first be sure that she has not any kind of allergy for this medication ).

Hope I have answered your questions.
If you have any further clarifications I will be happy to help .
Wish your granddaughter good health.
Dr Rudina

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rudina Balliu