What causes pain in the left arm after a blood test?
Apply thrombophobe ointment.Take tylenol and antacid.
Thanks for chooding HealthcareMagic for your query
Have read your query sir,
Most likely cause is Hematoma blood can leak out of a vein and under the skin during veno punctures. This can cause discomfort and pain and can complicate further collections from that site.However pain in chest and thorax can be very likely due to any other problem like gas or anxiety.
I would suggest you to take an antacid and anti anxiety pill and wait for next 3 to 4 hours.
To be on safe side you can get an ecg done.However i don’t feel its cardiac rather is related to your anxiety.
Just wait and watch for few hours and it should pass away.
For pain at blood drawn site apply OTC ointment thrombophobe and hematoma would settle down in few days.
You can also take a tylenol.
No clotting of blood in heart would lead to maasive cardiac attack and if not treated in 15 minutes would lead to fatality.So its nothing like that.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause left arm elbow pain
- What causes pain in left arm and wrist
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What causes constant left arm pain
- What causes upper arm pain
- What can cause chronic pain in left arm
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- Upper left arm pain causes
- What is the cause for weird pain in left arm
- Can swelling in the legs cause any complications based on the attached...
- What causes breathlessness while lying down as per the attached reports?
- What do these lab reports indicate?
- Does low BP cause cold sensation in the feet?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and foul smelling liquid discharge in the...
- What are the symptoms of angioedema?
- How much ghee should be a part of one's daily diet?
- What causes increased heart rate while having Hashimoto's disease?
- Suggest anti-inflammatory medication to be taken along with a blood thinner
- What causes pain in the left hand and upper back post acute MI treatment?