Suggest treatment for sore throat and sinus infection?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: So snice me having tube put in last year in Nov o have been having a sore throat and sunis infections and ear hurting me little bit. and i am on antibiotic for the sunis infections. and now I'm losing my voice and it keep happening ever couple week and i have salt water to gager.it and everything XXXXXXX I try as I do have nose spray and the antibiotic for my sunis infections. but with me lose my voice ever coiled week or month. UT lately it has been ever couple of weeks and i have done hot tea with lemon and hot tea with chough and thing is helping and i have done seam and but heat on my ears for it to stop hurting me. please help me.i do not know what to .if i should call my reg doctor or my ear and throat head doctor specialist for it and i hurt my knee couple years ago and just the other when i was put my mom cart in the car i had a very sharp pain and alot of years ago i had gator tag piece go in my knee and i think it hit the knee bone but I'm not sure because my work doctor i had she did not do X-ray for it and it hurt and i have pain med for the knee .I'm not sure what to do because i call my doctor couple days which was Tuesday and i call again and leave a voice mail fri and he is not helping very much I'm not sure what to do if i should gave my back and everything nuel.
specialist a call for my knee I'm not sure what to do please I'm out of ides for everything
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
ENT and Orthopedics specialist

Detailed Answer:

Sore throat and sinus infection could be due to bacterial infection, you may have to be placed on antibiotics like Azithromycin. You may have to consult a ENT specialist for the same.

Meanwhile you may have to gargle with antiseptic solution like Chlorhexdine solution thrice daily after food. This will reduce the infection and also prevent the further progression of the infection.

For the knee joint you may have to get the xray done to rule out any subluxation of the joint which usually presents with sharp pain. For this you may have to consult a Orthopedician .

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do ask if you have any doubts.
regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later
I was going to see my reg doctor but he does not what see yet.were do I get Chorhexdine at.my ear doctor which Ent specialist to he is one that put me on it.and I'm allergy to the one sart with a .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
In pharmacies

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

You will get Chlorhexidine in pharmacies.

You must be placed on antibiotics. Your ENT specialist can decide which is better considering your allergies.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later
Ok thank you I'm on one cipro the antibiotic I'm on.i do the salt water and everything else. I just what to know own why I keep losing my voice.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Infection prevalent

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

The Cipro antibiotic you are taking may not be effective in treating the infection. prevalence of the infection is the reason for loss of voice for sure.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later
what is prevalence if you do not mind telling me. and i use to chough alot I'm on inhale for my chough because when I sart to chough I would not be able to breathe. and the inhale does help with soon as I get a coughing really i use the inhale and it helps
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection is still present

Detailed Answer:

It simply means that the infection is still present and not cured completely.

The symptoms you have indicate inflammation in the airways due to the infection.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later
So last 5 I sart to get nausea and today I'm still nausea I use to be on nausea med couple months ago. back in April and it has been two months snice i took it and the nausea med help alot and so do you think I should call torrmow about it and ask about it.?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,

Detailed Answer:

Yes, do ask your treating doctor and then take the medication.

Do not self medicate yourself without doctors advice.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 6 minutes later
right because that nausea med help with it and i do not know why.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
name the medication

Detailed Answer:

Please mention the name of the nausea medication.

Waiting for your reply.