Suggest treatment for sore throat and cough
Out cough or sputum (sticky)....i took rabeprazole,cetrizine,some antibiotics at some respective times,rabeprazole continuing according to physician but condition persisting..(i have a acidity problem since 2009)....i had lost healthy appetite 5 years ago.BMI 17.7,(weight constant)
seems to be GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having sore throat.
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease.
GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) with acid reflux can cause Pharyngitis (sore throat), laryngitis (voice box), lung infection (cough with sputum).
I suggest the following measures to overcome your hyper-acidity.
1. stop smoking or alcohol (if you are with this habits).
2. take small frequent 6 meals, instead of large 3.
3. keep 3 hours interval between dinner and sleep.
4. sleep in head elevated position, with extra pillows to prevent regurgitation of food.
5. stop consuming junk/spicy diets, carbonated beverages.
6. try with combination rabiprazole (ppi inhibitor) with prokinetic domperidone for 6-8 weeks (rabikind-dsr).
7. regular exercise.
8.stress free life style.
In persistence of symptoms, needs to see ent surgeon, to rule out other causes.
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
1.small meals means how much? and I am sure that lunch causes a major problem to digest(cooked rice),breakfast(chappatis,milk,protinex) is digested(within 3-4 hrs)
2.there is bowel movement, but constipation is there...the stools type changes day to day and sometimes metronidazole helps...how to cure it?
3.sometimes cramps occur ,resulting in tight ,inflated belly,and it after 2 to 3 mins to stop paining gradually ...THATS WHEN I PUT PRESSURE LYING ON STOMACH.HOW TO CURE IT?
4.is GERD PERMANENT a disease? thanking you
gerd is curable.
Thanks for considering my answer and for your follow up.
Answers for your queries.
1. 9am, 2am, 9pm -meals. 11am,5pm- snacks.
2. Have plenty of fruits,vegetables, plenty of water 2-3 liters to prevent constipation. Metrogyl causes constipation (it is indicated in infective diarrhea).
3. Looks like IBS (irritable bowl syndrome), gastroenterlogist opinion needed.
4. No, it is not permanent.
Hope, I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with cough and runny nose
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache