• question-icon

Suggest treatment for skin cuts on the side of the mouth

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Child Health
Question: My son black skin cuts on the side of the mouth is dark can you tell me what it is
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. As of now you could also apply some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion topically.

I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
I am uploaded a picture of my son with the thing on the side of his mouth hopefully you will be able to tell me something.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to vitamin B deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for uploading the image. It seems that your child has cheliosis, a condition that occurs due to deficiency of certain B vitamins. You need to give vitamin B complex supplements like A to Z syrup 5ml once daily for the next 5-7 days. Hopefully the condition will improve by then.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician